Sponsoring events at the Annual Institute for Staff Development is a great way to publicize your organization, while showing your support for the National Academy Foundation. Read about NAF's Annual Institute below and learn how your organization can participate.
Description of the Institute for Staff Development
- Purpose of Event: The Institute for Staff Development features several days of intensive peer training, industry presentations, and networking opportunities, with the goal of ensuring that Academy programs are successful, focused on the improvement of public education, and dedicated toward helping young people of all backgrounds continue their education as a step toward building careers.
- Length of event: 2 and one-half days
- Dates: July 10-12, 2003
- Location: JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona
- Number of Attendees: 1,500
- Institute Constituent Tracks: Teachers, Academy Directors, Business Partners, School Administrators
This year's keynote speaker: Herman Boone, Football Coach and Motivator - Portrayed by Denzel Washington in Disney's Remember the Titans
Previous Speakers at the Institute for Staff Development
Participating Companies and Organizations at 2002 Institute for Staff Development
PeopleSoft, Worldspan, American Express Foundation, AT&T, The Charles B. Wang Foundation, Citigroup Foundation, Citistreet, Compaq, Computer Associates, Continental Airlines, Galileo International, Holland American Lines Westours, Inc., Lucent Technologies, Marriott International, Inc., The McGraw-Hill Companies, Merrill Lynch & Company Foundation, Inc., The Nasdaq Stock Market, Neuberger Berman, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Promontory Financial Group, LLC, RRE Investors, Sallie Mae Community Fund of the The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region, SITA, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, United Airlines, United Technologies, Verizon.
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Demonstrate support of a national organization that directly impacts employment readiness and pipeline development across key industries
- Play a prominent role in one of the nation’s premier career education conferences
- Be seen as a supporter of an innovative, successful school reform model
- Reach a national network of educated consumers
- Receive visibility through signage and materials distributed to NAF’s industry supporters and partners and school system personnel
NAF currently works with 480 Academies, located in 39 states and the District of Columbia.
Participants from Industry:
Participants from Education:
- Teachers, directors, guidance counselors, school and district administrators from more than 190 school districts throughout the country
- Academy team members from affiliated international programs in Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom
Participants from Government:
- Government employees who serve on local academy advisory boards
- Employees of government agencies with which NAF has a formal partnership (including the Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Department of Commerce)
Sponsorship Levels and Benefits for the 2003 Institute for Staff Development
Please contact Robin Willig, NAF's Senior Vice President of External Relations, by email or by phone at (212) 635-2400 x225, for futher information.